Nurture & Engagement Pathway
Use the links to the right to access the pages for each class in the Nurture & Engagement Pathway
The Nurture and Engagement Pathway
This pathway is designed to meet the needs of pupils facing the most profound and multiple barriers to learning. Teaching focuses on stimulating and developing pupils’ capacities in five key areas:
- Social and Emotional Development
- Physical Development
- Pupils will learn to self-regulate and self soothe so that that they can enjoy a sense of calm and wellbeing
- Pupils will be supported to sustain an alert and happy state
- Pupils will learn to relate to others so that they may enjoy companionship
- Pupils will learn to communicate their wants and needs
- Pupils will be supported in developing and maintaining a healthy body and mind
- Pupils will learn to be as independent as possible with regards to self-care and decision making
- Pupils will have access to, and contribute to, their wider community through the arts
- Pupils will develop an awareness of their environment through access to outdoor learning
Progress towards Personal Goals that link to EHCP targets will be reviewed at Pupil Progress Meetings and evidenced through the Interactive Learning Diary. Attendance and behaviour data may contribute towards a measure of pupils’ health and wellbeing. Where appropriate, SALT, OT and Physiotherapists’ reports will also be used to evidence progress towards key outcomes.
We currently have an obligation to report progress using P Levels for Year 2 and Year 6 pupils working between P Level 1 – 4.