Teaching Staff will be enrolled into the Teachers' Pension
- You receive a guaranteed pension through the Teachers’ Pension Scheme.
- You pay into your pension and so does your employer.
- It’s a Defined Benefit Scheme, registered with HM Revenue and Customs, based on your salary and service rather than investments – so there’ll be no nasty surprises when you come to claim your pension
- Your pension will be a regular source of income when you retire – but you can also take some of it as a tax-free lump sum
- You’ll join the Career Average arrangement and accrue benefits each year based on 1/57th of your Pensionable Salary including Overtime.